Tuesday, November 19, 2013


I seem to be having trouble uploading any video I have to show. I do not have anything rendered out in after effects- I'm still trying to get my video to work for me. It's a lot of filming difficulties on my part and I am struggling a little bit with it. I am trying to sync up separate video of my arms moving back and forth with video of my legs walking and keying out the green screen, masking out any extra background, fighting  fuzziness, and generally making it look like my arms belong to my body are all giving me a hard time. I apologize for not having anything to show for my efforts. I am hard at work trying to resolve my issues and get everything to sync up together. If there are any suggestions on how to incorporate the drawn narratives into my piece- i.e on my arms- I am all ears.

5 comments:

  1. Why are the clips not synced? Are you just having trouble uploading?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only suggestion I can make is to animate first and then to apply a displacement map over top of it from the effects menu to make it wrap around your arm more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dont let the strive for perfection get in the way of producing quality work. I recommend shooting far more footage (arms, legs, surroundings) than is required so you can pick and choose the most successful elements in post. For my PSA I rigged a simple pouch to hold my video recorder and attached it to my backpack at chest height. This freed me up to move gracefully and unimpeded.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We talked about this last night so I'm just gonna say don't worry and I know you'll find a great solution.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are able to get your issues resolved I like the concept.

    ReplyDelete